Saturday, December 12, 2009

Shelby County Community Service Agency -- Utility Asstances

The Shelby County Community Service Agency is currently providing Utility Assistance's for individuals or families that meet the following guidelines:

Disabled or
60 and/or older or
5 or younger or
Working Poor (see poverty guidelines)
and documented household income.

Tennesseans whose household income does not exceed 125 percent of federal poverty guidelines (that’s $26,500/year for a family of four) are potentially eligible for the program. Priority is given to elderly and/or disabled citizens.

Shelby has two location Raleigh Mall (380-3756) and Kirby Parkway (362-6518). Each location only accepts 20 calls per day. The agency is open from 8:00 am thorough 4:00 pm. The maximum amount paid per period is $500-$600. The period is from July 1, 2008 - June 30, 2008.

Please note: No walk-ins accepted, must call in for an appointment. The program is open to both Memphis and Shelby County residents. You can either rent or own your home. Everyone in the family household must show or present proof of income.

No comments:

Post a Comment