Who qualifies for Habitat?
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a first-time home buyer
- Live or work in Shelby County
- Reside in substandard housing and have an actual need
- Be unable to qualify for a conventional loan due to income level
- Have stable, verifiable income that is sufficient to support a monthly mortgage payment, in addition to other expenses
- Have fair or passable credit
- Be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity
- Be able to pay a $1,000 down payment
- Meet the income guidelines listed below
Habitat for Humanity Income Guidelines:
|Family Size||Gross Yearly Income|
Home Owner Orientation (First Monday of each month, next one December 7th, click link for details.)
Please inquire if you are interested in applying for a home. Contact Micheal Clark, Director of Family Services at 901.761.4771 x203.
E-mail your questions or comments to: